Lemon Poppy Seed Chocolate Chip Muffins
Before heading for the recipe, a little knowledge learning, so that it can be passed down from one generation to our next
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) convection ten minutes before using. Grease an extra large, 12-hole, non-stick muffin tin or use paper cases. If you bake directly the muffins will be very crunchy on the outside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) and poppy seeds into a bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, yoghurt, melted butter and lemon zest (rind) until well blended.
- Add the blended mixture to the sifted flour. Stir gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter evenly, into the prepared muffin tin (pan). Top with extra chocolate chips and poppy seeds. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes, then loosen, carefully, with a flat bladed knife and transfer onto a wire rack to cool slightly.
- For cup measures: spoon the flour into the cup, heaping it up over the top, then slide a knife across the top to level off the extra. Be careful not to shake or tap the cup to settle down the flour or you will have more than you need. I use a 240ml American cup.
- 375g (3 cups, 13oz) all-purpose flour
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 2½ml (½ teaspoon) baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 40g (¼ cup, 1½oz) poppy seeds
- 1½-2 cups chocolate chips
- 250g (1¼ cup, 9oz) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 400ml (1⅔ cups, 13fl oz) plain whole milk yoghurt
- 125 g (½ cup, 1 stick + 1tablespoon; 8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- Zest (rind) of 1 lemon
- Extra chocolate chips to top
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds, extra to top
LihatTutupKomentarPost Selanjutnya Post Sebelumnya